Saturday, October 4, 2008

Race for the cure...

This morning we ran in the Race for the Cure downtown with 15,ooo people. It was amazing!! I went with my friend Sheri and her mom who is one of the coolest moms. She is an adorable person! Sheri and I ran 3 miles and it was so much fun, but at the same time it was emotional for me. I did it in remembrance of my dad's sister who died a few years ago of breast cancer. Breast cancer runs in my family. I got emotional as I was running and I could read husbands doing it in remembrance of their wives or daughters in remembrance of their moms. Though running 3 miles usually seems like 50 miles to me, this morning I felt like I could have gone further and so did Sheri! Every 1/2 mile there was a band playing and by the Oklahoma City Memorial there were "Angels," older ladies who were singing, as we were running. For me it was an amazing experience!. I am looking forward to doing this every year!

1 comment:

Francie said...

Wow that is great that you ran a 5K. I remember Shari's mom from when I first joined the church in 1972...fantastic family! Good job and congrats to all!