Sunday, June 22, 2008

A successful and enjoyable weekend!!

With Tim being gone to West Virginia for work, the kids and I decided to go down to Keller, TX to visit our friends, the Johansens. We left on Thursday and came back on Sunday. We all had a blast. It was so much fun. Between us, we have kids ages newborn, 1, 2, 3, and 4 which sounds like it would drive you crazy but the kids were good. The kids did great playing together and we just enjoyed being able to hang out and spend some time together. We went to their neighborhood pool which was fun for the kids. Also Ben and I did a triathlon on Saturday morning. It was in a small town in Texas and we were still pretty tired/exhausted from the previous one so we took this as an easy one to gain more experience. He did very well and I am happy with my results. I have been really enjoying doing triathlons so I hope I am able to keep training for them. It was such a fun experience and I am so glad to get to do it with great friends. Later that day we took the kids to the park and Alicia got to use my bike to see how she likes it and SHE LOVED IT!!! At first she didn't want to try it but we want her to join us to do some triathlons with us; though she is a runner and we don't like runners very much(just kidding). Anyways she got so excited about riding that we all went to the bike store and got her some bike shorts, shirts, gloves among other things. Now she needs a bike, pretty important, huh?! Anyways, this has been a very enjoyable and successful weekend for me. I had a blast doing another triathlon and being with my friends and their kids. Alicia, Ben, and I are now training for Alicia's first triathlon in August and I am so excited to do it with her. At the same time we are all starting our training for the BIG race in September. Thank you so much Ben and Alicia for everything you did for us. We had a great time there and will miss you guys!!



Ashley was so excited to go to Texas, can you tell?

I love Kaylee. She is one of the cutest girls I have seen. I babysat her and the other kids on Friday morning and this is what she asked for: ice cream.

The kids, Alicia, and Ben at the pool on Friday afternoon.

Lucas coming down the slide with Ben. Ashley was scared to do it.

After finishing the triathlon. What a great feeling to be done!!

Alicia and her biking coach, her husband Ben.


Ashley and Brent.
Kaylee and Lucas riding with me to church. It was cute to have them together but I couldn't imagine having both a 1 and a 2 year old!!!

No comments: