Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving week

Ashley and Lucas helping grandma make Cranberry bread( a tradition in the Dorius family)
Tim and his grandpa. We took him out for lunch to his favorite place and got to listen to him tell us many great stories!

This past week we were able to go and visit Tim's family in Memphis, TN. We left on Tuesday morning and came back Saturday night. It was a fun trip and as always the kids were happy to see grandma, grandpa, Bethany and Pepper (the dog). We did a lot of fun things including shopping, eating (way too much), visiting, watching movies, going to the park, and just relaxing. It was also nice to be able to go out without the kids and have some time just for us.
Ashley loves dogs so being in Memphis didn't help us much. She has been asking for a dog for a long time but there is no way we are going to get one now, maybe later in a few years. She also got to see Santa at the mall and she asked for a dog and a pony..WHAT??? Are you kidding me??? I went nuts wondering how in the world I was going to explain to her that Santa wasn't going to bring her a dog so I had to asked her if she meant the dogs that she has seeing at the stores (meaning stuffed animals) Ashley wasn't too sure about it but since I mentioned that she could get the dog that swims in the water she kind of got excited. She is not too happy about that idea, she truly wants a "real" puppy but I am hoping she will happy with what she is getting.
On the way back we had such a good time singing Christmas songs and just being silly since we had 7 hours to kill in the car. Ashley really got into singing Christmas songs and of course she had to hear "Jingle Bells" about 10 times; that is her favorite. Thanks grandma for the Christmas CD, it was great!
It was so nice to be back and see all the houses decorated with Christmas lights. I just love Christmas and I always get overwhelmed by the Spirit that I am able to feel at this time of the year and I am so glad that I was able to feel it again. I am looking forward to this Christmas season and I am so excited to have my mom here with us!
After unloading the car from the trip we went to watch the OU vs OSU football game at our friends the Lusk's. It was an awesome game and we are looking forward to more OU!!

I hope you had a great week as we did.

No comments: